Sunday, June 7, 2020

Social Distance Happy Hour!

And that makes me a happy gal!
Welcome
grab a seat
grab a drink
and stay a while.
Starting to feel a bit better and getting out more.
Yes, we had a Social Distance Happy Hour
with none other than our favorite neighbors.
"Snow White" aka the Princess and her hubby and son
walked over with chair and drinks in hand. Sat roughly
6ft apart and enjoyed our visit.
Now that we feel comfortable I hope to do it again soon.

This week we plan on taking a road trip over to our daughter's
and also our son's so we can see them and the grands.
Gosh our twins will be celebrating their 10th birthday this week.
So it will be nice to see them if only through our car window.
It will kill me that a big bear hug won't happen
but to see them will make it worth the while.
Will also see my other grands and so looking forward to it.
All the kids.!
Watch out when this social distance comes to an end
because they are ALL in for
HUGE hugs.

"when a Cardinal
appears in your yard, 
it is a visitor
from Heaven"
or
"when a Cardinal appears
in your yard,
it is a gentle reminder
that someone you love is
visiting from heaven"

There are so many meanings and quotes
regarding the visit of cardinals.

I've had a visitor here all weekend.
Gosh! They are gorgeous and its such a joy to have them around. Here are a couple of pictures I've taken.
This guy was around all weekend.
I just love seeing their bright red plumage. I know that they usually 
fly in pairs but I have not seen the female yet...I'll bet she's just letting him
do his thing! Hum!?

The weather has been crazy...typical New England. 
A storm came through here yesterday
bringing with it torrential rain, winds and
Hail!
Today was better but on the chilly side.
There are plenty of fish around...small strippers.
Loads of kids and adults fishing along the marsh.
A group up by the guard rails were all waving but at a glance
I had no idea who they were and then
I Spy'd the OxCarters.
Hey Hi there!



So what did I accomplish today? Well aside from being perched in my window
observing the birds I decided that I needed a few ornamentals
on my new bird totem.
That's right hubby got me a new post and replaced the mish-mash of driftwood twigs
I had placed their along my Rake-House for the birds, a gift from my cousin..
(Roomie's husband.)
So I made another house for my feathered friends.



The "Rope house" is what I should call it.  Hubby says i need a new double sided bird condo to sit where that top one is. He'll be right on that this week...maybe.
Well I'll leave you but want to say Merci Beaucoup for visiting. I so appreciate you AND your comments. With that said here are a couple of my blooms.
ENJOY!
A Bientot







2 comments:

  1. Great picture of the cardinal. We have a pair that .just have a nest near by. Glad you could social distance with your friends I did with Cathy this week make my week.
    It is hard not to hug the brands I know!
    Pretty orchids too
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This princess enjoyed our social distancing just as much. Truly have missed chatting with you and Mike and it was soooo nice to be able to do that..be careful what you wish for..haha We will be back and often!!! Michael enjoys you and Mike so much..always tells me how much he loves sitting with you guys and hearing stories <3 We feel blessed to have you as neighbors and friends..oh and this Snow White LOVED seeing the cardinal!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...