Saturday, March 20, 2021

What is Bergamot a plant a tea or a bread?

Earl Grey Tea Cake




 Can you answer that question or are you confused?

Hello and welcome! I have my tea ready and will be enjoying some home made tea bread along with it.





So today I made Earl Grey Tea Cake Earl Grey Tea Cake with a honey citrus glaze. 
An herbal plant used in teas and flavorings. I have to admit I did some research. I'm sure many of you have enjoyed the tea..it's certainly one of my favorites. A citrus flavor of limes but I didn't know that the plant can be many flavors. Hum!
Intereating......anyhow I added more lime juice and grated limes. The glaze is very sweet and interesting.
Was I a fan? Not really. Not going to be making it again soon...it was bland for my liking but by all means if you're inclined to do some baking by all means do try it out and let me know what you think.
This weeks I made the onion bread recipe that Cathy gave me. Obviously I tweaked it up a bit. Omitted the poppy seeds and added garlic and rosemary.
It was a hit! (No picture maybe next time)

2nd vaccine done and we couldn't be happier. So looking forward to seeing my family and showering them with hugs...and my friends...yippee!

On a final note I have a few more watercolor flowers to add to the out going happy mail. Be sure to check your snail box.

Also decided to make a few appliqué mug mats. This is the first one and not sure what the next one will be. If you have any suggestions be sure to let me know.
A Bientot for now....looking forward to hearing from you. 
Thank you so much for sharing your time with me.
Donna

13 comments:

  1. OOPS, did ya forget to attach the applique mug mat? I was looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I certainly did....thanks I will have it up soon.

      Delete
  2. I love my Earl Grey cuppa tea. I once had a patch of Bergamot plant also known as Bee's Balm but unfortunately it died. Such a pretty flower. I never tried to make tea out of the leaves though.
    Show us your appliqué mug mat. Your water color flowers are lovely.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia....my plant didn't last very long either so I will give it another try. Mug mat was left out accidently...will be in next post.

      Delete
  3. Love your beautiful watercolors. I've always loved the softness of it. I, too, would love to see your appliqué mat?? Oh, I adore bergamot!! The combination of citrus and earthiness is perfect to me. I use a lot of bergamot essential oil. And, I do like Earl Grey of course...but I am not a hot tea drinker....so I make sun tea of it. 🌞 I have been tempted to try the bread, so I appreciate your opinion of it. And Cathy intrigued me with the onion bread too....but am having difficulty conceptualizing it LOL. Perhaps I will get the recipe from her and give a whirl...although I think she used a bread machine which I don't have...not sure if the recipe would need to be modified?? Happy Spring!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do not need a bread machine you can make it by hand.
      Cathy

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words...give the bread a try. Yes she used her bread machine and I did as well but there is no need. It can be made by hand. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I didn't know much about the bergamont. I will try the onion bread like you made it next.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes give it a try....don't be shy with the garlic. I think you'll both enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. Bergamot is a lovely plant, the leaves are used for tea, Earl Grey is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan...Welcome and a great big Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I am such a tea lover but it's funny, I dont like Earl Grey. People always tell me Im crazy and they say it's just like English Breakfast but its not. Not sure why but I just dont like it. As usual your water colors are beautiful. Congrats on the 2nd vaccine. My 2nd will be this coming Tuesday! Cannot wait for Peter and I to toast with you and Mike :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must remember to let you try another favorite of mine ROASTED DANDELION ROOT. We are looking forward to toasting on the deck as well. Thanks Jill.

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...