Wednesday, September 7, 2022

What,  summer is over!???!! No it can't possibly be because when I went for groceries today the store was packed! People everywhere! Actually I think this is the second round of tourists the older ones that don't have little ones to tote around. The next group will be the leaf peepers! Then it will be those that want to join in on the fun at "Prelude". WELCOME to MAINE! 

So hey thanks for checking in....let's chat a bit!
Fall is in the air....pumpkins are starting to show up.....leaves are falling and so are the acorns. My Roomie over at ACORNHOLLOW mentioned in her blog that acorns will be abundant this year. I hear that also and think it means we'll have a very cold and snowy winter. Grr!  But what to do with all these acorns? I read that acorns can be used as a dye and they are a natural mordant. Some of you rug hookers may be aware of this and I may be last to know!
https:/fiderartsy.com and Mother Earth News has very interesting articles on the subject. Check them out and if you decided to dye some fabric, cotton or wool check back in and let me know how it turned out. Also used are rhubarb both leaves or stalks and black walnuts. I know where to get a bunch.

Today makes 2 full weeks since MR had his surgery.  I have to tell you I am truly amazed and happy at his progress. He walks around the house on his own and is able to bend his knee more and more everyday. He was able to walk over next door and spent some time out on the deck. Getting comfortable at night and sleeping has been a bit better. I made him a small this pillow that he can use for sleeping. And look where I found him on Sunday?
Yup that's right...out in his work area. No cane in sight! Instead of playing Where's Waldo let's play Where's the Cane! Lol. He had his 2 wk follow up and the PA says he's ready to hit the gym for pt. Happy Days!

That's it for today....the sun is up and I may get another paddle in...

Thanks again for stopping in.....be sure to let me know you were here...drop me a comment...love hearing from you. I so appreciate all the comments.
A Dieu...till we meet again.

13 comments:

  1. I have dyed with acorns before it takes a lot of then for a pale yellow/gold
    Glad Mr is on the mend.
    Happy paddling
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, your link doesn't work because fiber is spelled incorrectly. Change that and the link will work. Glad your hubby is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe that summer is soon coming to an end. Glad to hear that Mike is doing so well. I am not a crafter but certainly enjoy reading your blog and seeing the things you create. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always happy to read your blog. Glad Mike is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this and catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for hubby...and I can't believe how neat and clean his work area is. If only my hooking room looked half that good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... Your MR's "work area" left me speechless. I've never seen anything so neat, tidy, and organized. I wasn't sure what I was seeing until I saw the open tool chest. Yikes! Can he come clean/organize for me?? ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had success with black walnut dye but not acorn or rhubarb. I'm so glad Mike is doing well. He needs to give classes on how to keep a clean workspace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a bit surprised about Mr M’s speedy recovery! Glad this all went well 💗

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of your blog, I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...