Monday, January 30, 2023

What?! A Valentine tree?!














Welcome my blog reading friends. Grab a drink and get comfy,
coffee, tea or martini! Huh! See how I did that!

So I've recently returned from a rug hooking retreat in Freeport, Maine.
It was held at the Hilton Garden. What a wonderful venue. We worked together in this great banquet room. I got to re-unite with some old friends and meet new ones. Our Fearless Leader..."Queen Nancy" did a fantastic job of organizing it and all aspects of this gathering was perfect. Gifts were exchanged as well as door prizes given daily. 
(Gift Certificates to LL. Bean) and complimentary drinks. 
Below is the rug that Nancy is working on.
It includes "Waldoboro style" techniques. I is coming along beautifully.



 This cute witch is quite sparkly.



Lovely cabin in the woods..




Did you notice those 2 are the same pattern but hooked very differently.

This lovely piece is also done in waldoboro style also.
 
So as you can see I was among some extremely talented rug-hookers.
This is what i was facing when ready to head home....oh how beautiful was the ride home. 14* with very heavy snow blanketing the trees.


It was a wonderful few days.  Looking forward to our next year's retreat but
Now back to reality!

I was scheduled for a root-canal that I was dreading...got myself all worked up.
Wow! I was wrong...it all went rather smooth. I was the problem.
Over the weekend we were able to have happy hour with our friendly neighbors.
Great time and lots of laughs.

Well I hope you enjoyed this little showing of these beautiful rugs.

Let me know if you were here....I appreciate your comments.

A Bientot.


2 comments:

  1. Those are some of the most amazing rugs I've ever seen!! I'm partial to the witch, of course, and would love to see her finished...and that one of the river with the trees...WOW! But all are, as I said, AMAZING! Love all the Waldoboro...I've done it a couple of times but I'm not particularly thrilled when doing it LOL. Sounds like a fun getaway - and glad you made it home safely. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much....yes some very creative ladies in attendance. I appreciate you being here and your comment. ♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...