Thursday, March 2, 2023

Yes I'm back with some exciting news!




Good Day..
What a beautiful sunset inspite of all this snow we're experiencing. 
WELCOME.
I hope you will be as thrilled as I was with the creativity of my friends.
 
The challenge pieces have returned.
Take a look at Cathy's better known as (acorn Hollow blog)


I do believe she's thinking of spring. 
The bird and the flower and butterfly and the bea! 
I love the whole piece and how she added the geometric fabric to make the birds body...then to add the lace. Wow! She never gives herself enough credit as she claims she's not creative.  Wrong! So much thought went into her piece. 

The next piece belongs to my Vermont peep.
Looks like she also was thinking of spring and mating season.
How cute is this bird in the nest with her new downy feathers!
The musical notes in the fabric and the embroidered notes.
It all comes together well. And those leaves..how sweet.
Again I must say this is so creative.
Now this next one is mine...and I must say I had no pre-planning.
I sort of layed out my pieces and started cutting them.
I think subconsciously I too was thinking of spring with flowers  popping up.
The white represents the snow...the bottom the ground partially covered with signs of our fall peaking through. The musical notes of happiness that spring is around the corner.
The next is my NY peep.
I have to say she went a bit further. She made this needle book and sent it to me with a note that said "Do not  open till Wednesday"! What!!! I can not have an unopened package around! Yup...I opened it.
Starting with the cover...
What a creative friend....and what great use of ALL the pieces.
A place for my scisors, different size needles.,
How clever to add a ledge for the needles to rest on.
A place for pins. She also added flowers and even a few beads.
The back page of the book with a pocket and a heart.
This is music to my ears.
You can see that I am surrounded by creativeness.
I hope you enjoyed this post...
Please drop me your comment. Would love to hear from you.
If any of you are interested in joining our stitch challenge give me a shout. 
A BIENTOT. 

4 comments:

  1. It was fun to stretch as I don't stitch much. So wonderful how each of us used the very sane pieces.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for offering a challenge and what creative peeps you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a much welcome challenge to get those creative juices flowing. Thank you Donna. Great job ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creativity of all is so very impressive... Such unique and individual finishes. Like I said before, I'd still be pondering LOL. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...