Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crafts, crafts and mor e crafts......

How the heck do I get myself into these things. It's not enough that I have incomplete
 
projects but then I go and start more.....I guess I'm just not happy unless I have a dozen or so going at a time. Last year I bought this really cute kit that I wanted for Christmas. Got it @keepsakequilting in Center Harbor. I thought it was so darn cute. However when I got home I realized it was way too small so I had my trusty "partner" enlarge it up for me. Ok...so not only was it too small but it was NOT a kit! That's right..it was only the pattern and it had NO fabric.....so now off I go to get wool. So after all the rigmarole I just set it down and there it stayed. But it's now another year and and going to work on it. I will get it done for Christmas and I think it will make a cute little pillow.

 
 
So did you see the snow last week! What was that about! So glad that it did not stick around....not quite ready for it yet. But now I do have to admit that I love the first snowfall. So pretty. I decided to take out my painted slate that I painted a few years ago.
 
 


After I took this out it made me think I'd really like to do more painting. I enjoy finding cute Christmas gift bags and copying it on slate tiles. But.......not sure that I'm ready to take out all that paint and stuff. Maybe if I get things done in time I could do a few items later......who knows.

So now for the other things I'm onto is a couple of gifts for one of my little "munchkins"....I think she'll love these for her baby dolls. Her "Bitty Baby" is her pride and joy. Carries her around all the time. Of course they will be painted white with some little flowers and scrolls. I have some fabric left over from her curtains and spread so I'll also add some bedding for the crib. I'm anxious to see them completed.

I've just finished sanding them all down and filling the holes so I'll be ready to put the first coat of paint on them......hum...maybe tomorrow AFTER I do the painting in one of the bedroom of the "teeny tiny house"

Oh yeah....I also made another Nap Mat for my little "Buddy". It has cars and trucks on it.....he's gonna love it. I didn't take a picture of it but maybe if I get a chance I'll do it later.

Well.....what the heck am I doing here on this computer when I should be doing some of my embroidering?....see, that's how I get side-tracked.
Gotta get back to my floss...............if I don't get back here before Thursday have yourselves a great Thanksgiving. I have so so much to be thankful for and hope you do as well......

            Till we meet again.......Bon Soire.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a crafters syndrome to have multiple projects on the go at once. I do the same thing and I always swear I will not start another until one is finished. It never works. Your projects are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mat I hope you get it done.I have done a couple of penny rugs not really my favorite thing to do.
    oh and we are about 15 min from keepsake quilting.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't know you were that close to Keepsake. I will surely keep that in mind. Did you have a good Thanksgiving? You have so much to be thankful for. Are you in my area of the woods? If so I sure hope you'll stop by.

      Delete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...