Sunday, November 11, 2012

Home made Granola

I have a few minutes here so I'd like to share my recipe for granola. Have fun with it. I do. It seems that I never really make it the same. I sometimes add more pecans and keep the almonds out.....or the walnuts. It's also really good with maple syrup or even molasses in place of the honey. After it's cooked and cooled I store it in a large glass jar so we can grab some to add to our yogurt or cereal.

GIFTS
I keep mine pretty simple but if I'm giving it as a gift...which I have done for Christmas. I put it in a mason jar and add a fabric top with ribbon around it and I tag with the ingredients., then I will add some chocolate or white chips...M&M's, dried fruit or whatever you think your family or friends would enjoy. Now I don't cook these, I add them after it's cooked and dried. It makes great gift. Another idea I had one year was to place about a cup full in a cellophane bag and then also add an envelope of hot chocolate mix to the bag along with mini marshmallows....I called it "Breakfast on the Go" . Decorated it with a cute handmade tag and ribbon. Now I wish I had taken a picture of one. Oh well....maybe next time. So give it a try and I hope to get some feed back from you. Let me know if you like this and if so how did you change it up. Or if you have other ideas.....................
oooops..I guess I'd better post the recipe eh?!...hehehehe
                                                         Home Made Granola

4 C. Old Fashion Quaker Oats
1 C. shredded coconut
2 C. chopped nuts ( I use a combination of chopped walnuts, chopped pecans and halved almonds) you can use as much or as little as you'd like.
1/3 cup of canola oil in glass measuring cup and add enough Honey to make a full cup. By adding the oil first it allows you to mix and pour this easier.
Pour over all above ingredients and mix thoroughly till completely covered.
Spread on a half-sheet cake pan on parchment paper. I hate cleaning sticky pans.!
Shake on some cinnamon and bake at 325* for 30-40 min. Check occasionally as the top tends to burn.
Let cool then place in a covered jar or Tupperware. Makes a lot!
Enjoy......

*** If I've left anything out please let me know.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks. Sound good, and even better - easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Donna, this sounds so yummy and I love granola! I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, welcome, welcome....hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...