Friday, September 18, 2020

My Tribute to Star Island


Hello and Welcome!  Hope you have time to grab a beverage and sit with me a while.  Let me share with you how I'm feeling this week. "Why this week?" you ask. Well this would have been my 5th year going out to Star Island, Isles of Shoals for our Rug Hooking Retreat! Obviously because of Covid19 it was canceled. How sad that we were not able to reconect with friends old and new. Now we have next year to look forward to. Those of you who know me know how it was a blessing  i was able to join my bestie Cathy and Pam Bartlett the retreat organizer out to Star. I can't say enough about our time out there. Such a magical and spiritual place with loads of history. The friends I've met I feel confident  they will be lifelong friends. Every evening this week i burned this candle in memory of what could have been.

On a happier note i must gush about the purchase i made a couple weeks ago. Yes...a rug hooking floor frame. At first I thought it was Cheticamp Frame but now I don't believe it is. I sprayed it all down with alcohol let it settle in then cleaned it really well. The rug that is on it was removed because it was dirty and smelled awful.  Not knowing where it had been or where it came from i decided to wrap it up and throw it away. With all that's going on i didn't feel i could take sny chances..so what do you think? I just love it...and the fact that I only paid $10 for it...what a find. I've been spending more time hooking. On to my 4th riser..Happy Hooker am I.!
Still cooking up a bunch...
I roasted more tomatoes and made roasted tomato soup. We had it for dinner last night and it was delicious.
Well once again i thank you so much for being here with me...i so enjoyed your company and would like to give you a virtual hug. It's almost time to harvest my horseradish. One of you said you would like some plants for your own....but no name.  If you're interested please leave me your name & address and I'll be sure to get some out to you.
Later...A Bientot


7 comments:

  1. How beautifully said. Love the rug on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame is working great!!! I missed star so much this year. I cleaned at home and worked not fun at all! We have so much fun seems like a very long time since I have laughed until I cried.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post. Re: frame, you sprayed it down with alcohol? Regular alcohol? What does the alcohol do, then what did you clean it with? What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lucky to have sampled your roasted tomatoes..WOW YUM!!! Also you know Peter would love some of your homemade horse radish..he loves it!! So fun visiting last night..and tasting a new drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tribute to the fun and blessings we have found on Star Island. Old friends, new friends, beautiful setting. We said it all so well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to say... we'll be more than happy to join you in a glass to salute The Island! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...