Sunday, October 18, 2020

It's that time again....and my omissions.


                                                         Hello! Bonjour!
Again I welcome you to my tiny place in the world. It's early so grab a seat and a coffee or tea for some of you and relax. Let me ramble while trying to give you a few chuckles.
Yes, it is that time of the year again where I grab my knitting needles and yarn and start on some new projects. It's all about hats right now and trying to diminish my stash. It's way too full! HEHEHE! That's according to you know who...not me! If you're a knitter you know it's  never enough....or you don't have the right color or weight. Plus I'm a very tactile person so if I see yarn or fabric and it feels really soft and squishy.....its in the cart! But i am doing my best at not buying anymore till this stash is down a bit. Hum!
Starting with this purple bulky wool....and turned out quite large. It'll be great for someone with loads of hair or a big head! Oops!
As i started this i also captured a shot of my all time favorite knit soxs. I devided and combined  leftover yarn into 2 balls and these are the results." Do they match?"  you ask. Hell no! What's the sense of knitting your own socks if they're not "original"! So have fun with them. 
These next hats are also from my stash. This one is called School Colors.
and this one is called Woolie Warm. Yes I used 2 strands of wool and size 13 ndl.
It will withstand a New England Snowstorm! 
Now on to my next one...another leftover ball of wool but with only 1 strand and #7 ndl. Cable Knit Cap. I've made this hat many times before and it fits nicely and snug. I enjoy doing cables. They're a bit intimidating at first but you have to jump right in. You say " but I don't have cable needles!" Not to worry cause I came across the same situation. I found a small dowel in my craft area....cut it tithe length I wanted, in this case 4" to 5" then ran it through my electric pencil sharpener on both ends. To smooth it out I rubbed it over my washable nail file/buffer. The soft ones that have afine grit and a course grit. Worked like a charm.
Here is my progress...should have it done today. My friend in Vt is knitting up hats as well and she's ordered faux fur pompoms for the hats so I'll do the same. Just call me copycat. 
So you know me...i can't be working on just one project. I'll give you a sneak peek but shh don't breathe a word because some people (friends, acquaintances,  followers or people that read and follow) this blog may find them in their mailbox. Happy Mail!

Let me just tell you how much fun I am having with this.....tell you more later,
So about my "omission". I was reminded that in my last post there was no mention of my favorite drink.
That's the flavor of the season....and oh my it's yummy. My gal pal Miss J enjoyed a taste together. Cheers!
So with that I bid you A Bientot!
Thanks again for being here...love you guys and remember I look forward to hearing from you.....comments always welcomed. 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your socks. And there was a time not long ago when it was 'cool' to wear mismatched socks. So girl your socks rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun socks. I am not a knitter. Your hats, especially your Woolie Warm, are great. You will be keeping lots of heads warm this winter.
    I am not a whiskey drinker, but peanut butter flavor? Does not even sound good to me, but I will take your word for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hats and when I retire that is on my to do list to learn to knit a little more. You know I love your cards I cherish the ones I have. Your socks are fun and a great way to use up small bits.
    Whiskey not so much I don't think
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh that PB Whiskey!!! I have been told that The brand skrewball PB whiskey is even better that Sqrrl...I havent tried it yet but maybe we will have to sample that one together too :) LOVE the socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I came over from Cathy at Acorn Hollow and I just loved your cards that made her smile! I read your previous blog posts and I love your knitting skills! I don't hook or knit but I have the talent to appreciate everyone who does! I hope you have a wonderful week! I love this time of year and in Ohio it's been a beautiful one. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...