Tuesday, October 27, 2020

No clever title ..no catch phrase header!

Bonjour! And welcome once again. No need to pour a spot of tea, a cup of Java or a drink as you won't be here long. I really don't have much to say because damned there is nothing to talk about. Its the same old complaints about Covid19 and Social distancing.....and politicians and political phone calls!  Sick of it all as I'm certain you all feel the same. Let's stay positive.
Ok....so I've  changed my mind go ahead a grab yourself a drink....its all good.
On a happy note....my Christmas cactus is jumping the gun a bit and already in bloom!
I think it's confused but that's ok because it sure puts a smile on my face and makes me a happy girl! 
Something else that makes me smile are these beautiful flowers my husband gave me for our 51st Anniversary on Saturday. Wow! That's a long time together.
I am lucky and proud to have made it this long. After all we did get married in 69! I can't imagine my life without him. Ok...enough for this "sappiness".
Something else that makes me happy is this "happy mail" that I've been making.
It sure puts a smile on my face when I gather up all these pieces of patterned papper or pieces I have painted....scrapbook papers..ribbons, threads and anything else I come across. I hope that as my recipients get them it puts a smile on their faces as well.Here is a sneak peek of what's to hit the US Mail soon. Shhhh! Don't tell..I want them to be surprised.
As you see my time is made up of crafts....any sort of craft. My watercolors and brushes have been keeping me busy also. Making more cards. A friend has asked me to make a few sets of 6 that she can buy and give as gifts. Yeah! Sounds good to me. Here are some examples of my current cards.
I enjoyed working on these cards because these colors make me happy.
Another happiness is knitting hats to make some young folks very warm while playing outside this winter. Nice warm cabled knit hats with faux fir pompoms. When shopping around  for hats I noticed the sweet little leather tags that were attached. Hum! I can make them! And voila! 
As of now I've completed 7 hats...!
After editing this post I've decided I should have given it a different heading....
       "What makes me Happy....and puts a smile on my face!"
Thanks so much for being here you are much appreciated. I look forward to your comments....who knows you may find "happy mail" in your snail mail box!
A Bientot!

5 comments:

  1. I did find happy mail and told my blog friends all about it!
    I love those hats someday I will knit. Happpy Anniversary how wonderful you got your party last year with none of this crazy business.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hats are adorable and I LOVE the leather tags! nice touch. You and Mike are definitely an inspiration xoxo Cheers to you two <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! you are VERY artistic and creative....OH, and very productive. Sadly my Christmas Cactus is looking under the weather. I tried repotting it but not sure it is going to survive. I threw a lot of the woody part, shriveled part and tried starting new pieces with at least 3 leaves attached. But the plant still looks shriveled. Sad to see it die as I've had it for years and have successfully repotted it before. Guess I'll buy a new one next time I see them in the grocery store. Yours is looking stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated anniversary. May you and hubby be blessed with many more.
    Your watercolors are beautiful. Such talent.
    Great hats and what fun tags :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...