Wednesday, February 10, 2021

February is here.........


Its time to sit relax and enjoy a cup of tea with me while I rant. 

Welcome, so happy you're back. What a weekend...should we talk about that Super Bowl?  Brady? Gronk? AB? I know some of you are not Brady fans...but be honest...what a guy! Even the so called professionals could not predict that outcome! 
Ok that's all I'll say about that. I should tell you about my baking experience...well not so much baking as frosting. I'm an ok baker...my daughter says "not so much" but I am an absolute klutz when it comes to frosting. Last week I made chocolate cupcakes and decided to try my hand at adding peanut butter frosting....so here is where it gets crazy. Kind of like a skit on SNL. So picture this..
1●  Frosting is all made and about to fill that little plastic bag. "Damned this looks intimidating" but "I can do this".
2● Spoon some frosting in the bag and realize i don't have the tip in. Trying to hold on to this very flimsy bag I start to remove it....oh no! Now I have frosting on my fingers and my spoon!
3● This bag sucks.....but I get the tip in.
4● Filled the bag right to the top  finally and then I find i did NOT leave room at the end to twist the bag.........
Should I go on or can you picture the rest? I had more frosting on me and everywhere else. It sure tasted good as I liked it off my fingers...after all can't have it go to waste!
So here are my cupcakes. 
I got them to look somewhat presentable but don't look too close. But all in all Roomie was right...peanut butter frosting on chocolate cake....yummy!
Speaking of my Roomie look what came in the mail....my Happy Mail
Now i can't remember the last time I received a Valentine card! How about you?
this also came in the mail along with my Happy Hooker necklace.  Gosh! I sure have some wonderful and caring friends. ❣ During these trying times I am so grateful to have you in my life...you know who you are.

Well thank you once again for sitting through this with me.....my 6th sense is kicking in so that'll be it for now. I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy.
A Bientot for now....keep checking your snail box and remember I love hearing from you with your comments. 
👇 Below in the little box should say "comments" tap that and add a comment.
On the right 👉 you will find "followers" tap that and become one.
Donna.


5 comments:

  1. OMG chocolate & PB is my favorite!! I cannot believe I wasn't in Maine because I would've HAD to try one of those :) They look yummy. Hope all is well with you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet those cupcakes were tasty indeed! Also bet that adorable spoon necklace came from Lauren. She is a talented and generous friend with a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! My kinda frosting job! As long as they taste good, does it really matter? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.... I can SOOO relate about the klutz thing....especially when it comes to baking and cooking. It almost always "ends well," but dang, the process isn't pretty. But your cupcakes do remind my how very much my dad loved chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I made it so often I knew the recipe by heart....but never did I use a pastry bag for the frosting LOL. I love the good old days when people exchanged valentines...and still love seeing the construction paper hearts that the kids make. Brings back memories of simpler times and better days. And, hmmmm, me thinks I have a very good idea who gifted you the necklace.... That's why she is the "good" twin. ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you got to lick lots of goodies from your fingers...lol! They sound very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...