Sunday, February 28, 2021

I could shout it from the rooftop!!

Let me open by saying I love this image and the quote. I found it to be so appropriate for you (s) and I. 
Happy Sunday  and again I welcome you to sit and sip for a bit...lol! I made a rhyme! 
I can't believe I was able to keep this from you all week but on Monday I received THE call. That's right Maine Health was calling to schedule our vaccine apt..she (a very nice lady) asked if we had a preference for the location and time. Option was Friday evening or the same day at 5:30! Well that was a no brainer! I was also able to schedule for both of us! I was so excited I could have kissed her! And I told her so....she started laughing and said that she is told that quite often throughout the day! One person offered "a big sloppy wet kiss"! Um that would be a NO!
Here it is....over and done till the 2nd dose of Pfizer. Damn I was so relieved...and feel like things are finally looking up. I guess there are  perks for being old! I. Think we are that much closer to having some what normal summer...fingers crossed.

I started some sprouts after a discussion with my hooker friends...doing broccoli sprouts and lentils.
above are the broccoli after 2 days.....they have started to sprout
these are the lentils and they have also begun to sprout. I should probably be able to enjoy some by next weekend....

I chose to join the challenge over at Saundra at Woodland Junction....the tulip called my name so I'm gathering up fabric and doing color planning. What the hay did I get myself into?....a mixture of textures but no wool....I should check if this challenge has a due date as I'm certain I will be last to complete. No pictures to share yet. I do enjoy seeing progress from the others. Very nice.

This is a short post...don't have much to share....I hope you enjoyed your tea with me. Keep an eye open for "happy~mail" ....no telling who will be the next to receive snailmail from me. Be sure to share a comment.
I thank you so much for being here with me....you are much appreciated! 
A Bientot! 
Donna

11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your challenge rug. Make sure to check your mail for happy mail too.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the cup of tea and congratulations on your vaccine. I'm glad that you are so happy that you got your first shot. For some reason, I'm in no rush with the vaccine and feel totally at peace so far.

    The sprouting seed project sounds interesting. I've never tried it. Good luck with this.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....I will keep you in updates regarding the sprouts.

      Delete
  3. YAY!! so happy you and Mike got your 1st vaccine. That much closer to being able to have a drink together :) Im curious to see the sprouts project so be sure to take pics. It was nice seeing you yesterday and waving from across the street :) Bring on the warm weather!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you we look forward to it also. Will keep you updated regarding the sprouts.

      Delete
  4. Lucky you, I still haven't received an invitation from the state or Walgreens, both of which I've registered. To make you happy you can add a wee bit of wool in your piece. The parts of mine which is wool are those odd colors in the background, the rest is woven cotton. Some gals have said he knit and a couple other fibers pull like buttah, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the "sexy jersey" hooks like buttah!What? Real wool can be used? Hum

      Delete
  5. I hope your challenge piece is going well. I am so glad mine is DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going pretty smoothly so far...we'll see.

      Delete
  6. Well, someone after my own heart...I said I was glad I wasn't tempted to join in Saundra's challenge as I would likely still be debating where to get my linen and how to go about transferring the pattern.... Then there would be the debacle of choosing fabrics. In other words, you wouldn't have been last to finish had I joined. 😉 You must have been collaborating with Saundra about the sprouts! She almost tempted me into that project too LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh go ahead and join in on the challenge. It is fun plus I don't want to be the only one trailing behind. No I was not collaborating with Saundra about the sprouts but I will head over to see what she's up to.
      Thanks for being here..Donna

      Delete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...