Monday, February 22, 2021

It's tea time again

Yes, it's that time again...so go ahead and make yourself a cup of tea. I'll wait for you and we'll share a few moments together.
Can you believe February is nearly over...gosh it seems like it just arrived. But on a positive note this means spring is just around the corner. I can't wait. I sure hope we can get together with family and friends...it's been way too long. I miss them. We are in the same boat...I know that in fact I thought about "Roomie" all day today because she and Dave had plans to see their daughter and grand daughter....oh gosh I sure hope they had a wonderful day...I am a bit envious.

Speaking of grands....I received a new picture of my grand "puppy ". Have I introduced you to Miss Ellie?
Oh yes I believe I did in a previous post...,,how flippin cute is she?! She's getting to be a big girl....going out alone without a leash...returns and waits at the door to come back in. What a good girl...hopefully I'll get to meet her soon. 

It's been bitter cold and snowy but we've had some beautiful sunsets.
I  never get tired of seeing them. Many of my friends post sun rises and they are stunning as well but I can't seem to get this butt out of bed to enjoy them.

My time is still being spent painting watercolors, doodling and cutting items to add to "happy mail". My anxiety level is not so high when working with this medium...very relaxing. Here is an example

A new project to try my hand at....crochet granny squares. I'm not much at crochet but recently as I scan my craft sites I've come across many with gorgeous colors and squares so I had to give it a shot. Here I go ....
this is what I accomplished in 1 weekend! 
Not very colorful but its just practice.
Here is what Jess did in the same amount of time.
I love all the colors. ! Some day!

Well I've come to the end of this post and I hope you've enjoyed our little chat. My tea is cold now so I will leave you with this. I hope you enjoy the remainder of this month and I thank you again for being here....
A Bientot!


6 comments:

  1. I was one of the lucky recipients of those beautiful watercolor "happy mail" gifts and I love it. You really downplay your talents but trust me..you are very talented! Now I just cant wait to be the recipient of a slice of your homemade bread hee hee hahaha. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as you know our visit was the best!!!! How I have missed them. Your water colors are stunning and so happy I have been on the receiving end of your happy mail.
    That dog is just the cutest! how sweet is that face...
    miss you lots
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have been on the receiving end of happy mail. Lucky me. You are so very talented.
    Miss Ellie is just TOO CUTE!!!
    BTW...I don't get up to see the sunrise, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie is a good girl hopefully they don't live near a well travelled road. I couldn't trust my big boy Ben loose or he'd roam the woods and then look for cars to chase. But previous dogs I owned were just like sweet Ellie, they'd go out do their business and want back in the house. I've made two granny square comforters. Actually one is in the attic, needs repairs and perhaps I'll give it back to my son who had it when he was in his teens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog Donna. I appreciate it very much. Your water color card looks so creative. I've never tried to do a granny square afghan and I don't know why. You may have only made two granny squares but an afghan starts with one stitch after the chain is done.

    Your little fluffy puppy is adorable. I love the color. She looks some sweet and cuddly.

    Take care.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww....Miss Ellie is precious! And that watercolor is beautiful. You have a wonderful talent me thinks. Your crochet squares look great to me...I cannot believe your friend completed all that in a weekend. I call overachiever LOL! Knitting/crocheting has not been something I have pursued....other than learning to knit a crude pair of slippers when I was very young and my cousin taught me when he stayed with us when my father became ill. Beautiful sunset. I can't remember the last time I saw a sunRISE...unless it was coming up as I finally fell asleep....Ah, the life of an insomniac. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...