Sunday, October 30, 2022

Its been quite a ride!

Hey! Remember me?



53 Years and counting!

Welcome!


 I set my knitting down made a drink and now ready.  It has been a very busy summer with a lot of family and friends we spent quality time with. Don't get me wrong we loved every minute of it but not going to lie we were beat!  Of course, As soon as winter arrives, we'll be wishing they were around.

Mr. MR is doing great. He was released from his in-house pt and went to a couple of therapy sessions but after 4 they told him he didn't need them any longer. He is loyal to his exercise regime, when he over does it his new knee talks to him!! He gets a little impatient.


Hooking is going strong. I was able to organize a "Day of Hooking" at our local Senior Center. What a great time! My only regret was I would like to have invited many more hookers and truly apologize to those who were left out. Nex one will have a few more attending. Yes, we were able tie down a date for Oct. 2023!

At this point jump on over to Roomie's blog  Acornhollow.blogspot.com She mentioned this on her page with lots of pictures.

Wooly Witches of Wells! Great name don't you think?


My helpers.

Dayle, Cathy, Bonnie and me.


A couple of happy attendants


Plenty of goodies. Great idea from Mim to have a potluck and that way we could avoid too many of the same dishes. 



There was a wonderful display of hooked rugs by some very talented "hooker". You may recognize some of their names.

Grace Collette

Janis Ricker and Dot Bickford hooked the same pattern and how nice to see the difference.

Cathy from "Acorn Hollow" hooked the top one..Fox.  The others below from Rose Raymond.

"Welcome" by me. The pirate I like to refer to as Jonny Depp was hooked by Dayle Young. the next was hooked by Pat Laska....(I hope)

More from Rose Raymond



Hookers busy at work!




Now about the ride we've been on. This past Monday Mr. MR and I celebrated our 53rd anniversary. I don't even know what to say about that. It all started in a bar on a Friday night. Who knew that after knowing together for 3 months we'd be married. I know what you're thinking but you're wrong. There have been lot's of ups and downs on this road but I would not change one thing about it. Loved him the minute I layed eyes on him and love him more today.
Our week celebration ended with me having an acute reaction to an antibiotic that was prescribed that on Friday morning. I was transported to the hospital via ambulance after 2+ hours of vomitting. Today is Sunday and i am now starting to feel better.

Well thank you so much for being here with me.
I so appreciate your visit/

A Bientot!





10 comments:

  1. WOW, two beautiful people in that photo. I totally understand why you two fell in love immediately. Thanks for the wonderful rug show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun hook in. Can't wait for vermont next weekend
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture of you two. What a good looking couple. Oooh Donna, he was a keeper for sure. Love you both. So sorry you had a reaction that landed you in the hospital. Glad you’re on the mend. Hope you’ll be up to traveling soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he sure is a keeper.Not on the mend quite yet...baby steps.

      Delete
  4. Happy to hear hubby is doing so well and you are on the mend.
    Cathy said your hook in was so much fun!!! Great rugs.
    Happy anniversary. May you be blessed with many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...yes we had a great time..now i look forward to the next one.

      Delete
  5. Hi Donna, I never knew the story of how you met. Congratulations on 53 years! Ray and I wish you many more!!! Glad Mike is doing better and you, too. That is just horrible when you have such a reaction to drugs that are suppose to help. Happy Anniversary❣️❣️ Love Cindi C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...thanks so much Cindy. Hope to see you in a few weeks/

      Delete
  6. So proud of your blog, I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...