Tuesday, February 14, 2017

more snow days....more projects

 Snow days...snow days.
I sure hope this weather comes to a halt sometime soon
because...
these snow days are not good for my heath!
First I made a huge pot of chicken stew with lots of veggies
a very hearty meal.
Decided it needed something special to dip into
so i made a batch of biscuits. 
The next day i made homemade
pizza with onions red peppers and bacon bits.
(Thanks for that Miss Jones...its your fault!)
The following day i needed something sweet so I made a
cranberry orange nut bread.



The real reason for this bread was that I didn't want to be out done by
my girl over at Acorn Hollow!

A while ago one of my knitting friends came over to show me that her son
had bought her a set of wood sock blockers.
Oh My! What a nice gift! Have always wanted a set
for my home made socks.
After looking at them I decided that I could make a set myself.
That's right...you know what's coming next!
I brought the project to my husbands attention and it just so happens he had some extra
plywood in the basement. So between the both of us we made a template and
he cut out the wood.
Sanding, sanding and more sanding i was able to get the feel that I wanted.
I had some leftover urathane that would work perfect.
Next came fine steele wool and lots of elbow grease.
I love how they came out.

What do you think? 
Now I can block all my special socks...like these below.
Wondering why they don't match?
Well they do in a way. I used all my leftover yarn from other projects.
So in a way they do...just not identical!





Got a surprise visit from our Summer neighbors yesterday.
Thought they would check on the amount of snow we have up here.
It was great to see them and turned out to be a big help.
While the guys did some snow shoveling and cleaning up
us girls went up to the center so we could watch the roaring sea.







Oh yea...on to another project....
well I came across these little needle felting kits that I bought
quite a while ago. It was time to take them out and give it a shot.
I've done some needle felting but nothing like this..
I really like how it came out. I think I want to design more and use as gifts.
One of the nice things about this project is instant gratification.
It works up fast and voila..finished.





Fini!

Wow! So sorry about the lengthy post tonight.

A Bientot!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...