Friday, May 15, 2020

And the lessons continue!

Hey there Happy Friday! Thanks for checking in.  Grab a cocktail or tea and sit for a while. Let me start off by saying that i have the bestest friends. Just when i was in need of some cheering up my phone started making this crazy sound....didn't know what it was. Picked it up and there were my favorite "hookers" including me in a video call.!!!! What a nice surprise and always so nice talking with them but even nicer to see their faces. So ladies if you're reading this i cannot thank you enough,  you made my day...love you guys.

Do you remember when your children were little and they would come to you with flowers for you?
Remember those sweet little dandelions that barely had any stems...that's right..just like these. I was missing my kids so much AND my grandkids so when i walked across the street to the neighbor's yard to pick these mementos they are who i thought of. Such sweet reminders.

Brings a smile!
So i must admit i am following along pretty well with my guitar lessons via YouTube. Fingers a bit sore with major indents in my index and middle fingers at the beginning but doing much better now. Practice couple times a day with the A & D cord. Strumming is a different story...wow! that's a painful sound.  I'll get it.
Made a few more masks..this time using a different pattern. I think this mask is easier on my machine as there are no folds to go over. 
It also fits and hugs the face better. You know those little plastic covered metal clip things that keeps Dunkin Donuts coffee closed? Well i ripped those off the bags and made a pocket for them just over the bridge of the nose. Works great. So for those of you making masks give it a go. Let me know what you think. ( I should probably have combed my hair before posting this) . Speaking of that...how many of you have given that up? What the hell i'm not going anywhere anyhow.
Pizza Is on the menu tonight. I will admit I am damn sick of trying to come up with meal ideas EVERY DAY.
I can't wait till we can go to a restaurant again. Someone other than ME cooking a meal!!!!
Well I'm off...once again i thank you do much for being here with me. I so appreciate you.
A Bientot.

7 comments:

  1. That call really brightened my day too. Always good laughs.
    Glad you are enjoying your music.
    I am missing my grand too it is very hard
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cathy...looking forward to another video chat.

      Delete
  2. Friends really do help you get through these hard times :) Glad you are enjoying your guitar..did you come up with a name? Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends are wonderful and you are one of the best! She is called "Lonestar".

      Delete
  3. I must admit dandelions are not my friends, but that bouquet looks very sweet!
    Good for you taking You Tube guitar lessons!!! Amazing what you can learn there.
    Happy Saturday, but every day can be our Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are do right..Saturday or Sunday..it's all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got one of those bouquets this week from one of my grandsons. Happy Birthday Donna, that pizza sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...