Monday, August 31, 2020

Wifi in and out!

Here I am finally...hope you're patient with me. Sorry it has taken so long for a new blog post but my internet has been out of sorts! If any of you are subscribed to Comcast you know what I mean. We called and they sent over a service man....we are back up and working like a champ.
How are things going you ask....let me just say this  Covid19 dilemma has brought me to the realization that I live in a dream world!  And then it hits me like a ton of bricks and i'm back to reality. I don't like being sad or lonely  that's just not me...i like to joke around i like to laugh and there's not much of that going on right now. Enough of that whine!!! Not Wine!
Hubby's garden has been growing like crazy. He's make a few batches of pickles. He dosen't follow any recipe nor does he write down what he uses. Therefore he can't duplicate them if they turn out good. We also have had a wonderful yeild of tomatoes. Been eating lots of salads, BLT's. I made a huge batch of salsa and if course tomato pie.! Yum!
I turned up the recipe a bit...added some caramelized onions. Nice change.
Cooking up a storm...apple cake with brown butter caramel topping.
This is a great recipe...full of ooey gooey sweetness. And some blueberry muffins. 
My Coronavirus "muffin top" will be out of control soon!! Step away from the oven!!!
That's about it for now....i need to regroup...I am  thankful for your visits so let me know that you were here.  I  look forward to your comments.
Thank you.
A Bientot. 

12 comments:

  1. Hello my friend...hope you see this post! Pickles look yummy 😋 I'll take a piece of apple cake please, and muffins for breakfast are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlfriend..Welcome...so glad you're here. I would love to share some of these goodies with you....soon I hope. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love apple cake and have a recipe for it which I've never used. Used to bake but when I turned 60 my cholesterol and triglycerides went up and had to make a change to my diet. So don't bake anymore as I'd eat it all within 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh that is too bad...well don't fret as I'm doing a great job of eating enough gor both of us. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. In some ways you are like me comfort baking and food brings comfort. It all looks wonderful! I am ready for my old life to return I didn't think I was doing anything so great but I miss it so much.
    sending a hug
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big bear hugs for you. Yes this baking has brought me some comfort but won't do the same gor my jeans.
      Miss you.

      Delete
  4. Im lucky because Im your neighbor so I got to try those delicious tomatoes. We had your garden tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil and a sprinkle of truffle salt and it was amazing! Im happy to try the pickles too ;) and anything else you make haha. See you this weekend! Maybe a drink in the carport??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you are a really good taste tester. Yes A social distance drink together is a great plan. Thanks for your support here.

      Delete
  5. No baking here but that doesn't mean I am not snacking...sigh.
    Hubby's pickles look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya they came out pretty good but i'm not much of a pickle fan. Snacking...love it.
    Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks delicious! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...that's a whole lotta good stuff! I'll have a piece of tomato pie with some of that apple cake please! :-)
    Kudos to your hubby for the pickles, i bet they are super crunchy! I love pickles, but haven't ever tried making them myself.

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...