Thursday, April 30, 2020

Melancholy!


                       Isles of Shoals 
                                Star Island
One of 9 islands off the coast of NH and Maine. Names such as:
*Thomas Laighton 
*Celia Laighton Thaxter
*John Greenleaf Whittier
* The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve Just to name a few. If you're interested in knowing  more do research these names along with other islands such as : Star,  Appledore, Smuttynose and White Island. Enjoy your research.

The light is a bit dimmer....with the current clossure or should i say postponement. Star Island has decided not to open this year along with many others. We will not be attending our conference in September with what rould have been our 5th year. Those of you who know me know how special this is to me. This is magical, meaningful, spiritual island so rich in history. In these past years I've been so fortunate in making wonderful new friends. Memories that i will cherish. So until we meet again. 

On another sad note our Stay at home order has been extended another month. 
This has been a difficult week. I'm looking forward to the sunshine to flowers in bloom. I did find some joy in seeing buds on my gifted hydrangea.  A new and special friend  brought me last summer.
Now that is a happy sight. 
This next picture is for Miss A as she loves this plant. Thinking of you♥️
Bleeding Heart will open soon.
Thank you again for spending time with me. I so appreciate you.
So...till the next time.
A Bientot 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about the cancellation of the Star Island camp. I know you and Cathy always had the best time.
    I have a camp that was rescheduled from April to September. I wonder about that, too.
    A few things in Ohio are set to open up. So sad for all the restaurants and small businesses that won't survive. So many hopes and dreams have been shattered. I am truly one of the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete

Hearts all around with lots of LOVE.

Happy Day to you all! I'm a bit late with these wishes.... hope your day was sweet. Hubby still not up and about much so when I was out ...